The word “worship” means to honor or praise. For the Christ-follower, worship is not an option. God is the one perfect being in the entire universe, completely worthy of worship. He requests, seeks, and demands that his created beings (that’s us!) honor him. Worship is more than singing; it is a life posture of honoring God through obedience and acknowledgment of his worth. God desires that all people everywhere will come to know him and worship him.
“But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.” (John 4:23)
How we worship as a community varies. We sing, read, and hear the Word of God and pray. We might use a band or organ, and trumpet, or anything in between. Worship will be led by people of all ages – sometimes energetically, sometimes reverently. We value beauty and the arts in our worship space, as we acknowledge the God who has and is creating beauty. At any given worship experience, you will find people from many age groups worshipping together.
At Fifth, we strive to grow active worshippers rather than passive observers. We consider worship a verb. We worship at 10AM each Sunday morning. In addition, we have unique special worship events during the church seasons like Lent and Advent. We’d love it if you join us in-person or online!
Opportunities to Serve:
- Choirs: handbells, adult, kids
- Worship Band: all ages and includes singers, guitars, mandolins, keyboards of all types, drums and percussion
- Instrumentalists: violins, clarinets, horns, dulcimer…you name it, we can/will use your instrumental gifts
- Media Arts Team: audio, video/camera, computer presentations/projection
- Dance Team: 1st grade through adult
- Scripture presenters/readers, writers, or actors
- Worship space design and décor
Please contact Our Worship Director, Janna Lange, to get involved at firstname.lastname@example.org.